West Branch: Mon-Fri 9:30-5:30
Drive-ups: Mon-Fri 7:30-6 Sat 9:30-2
RSNB Bank opened for business at its original location on South Main Street across from the Union Pacific depot June 10, 1892. That building still stands with engraving ''National Bank of 1892'' on its facade. John W. Hay, Sr. became president in 1907. Over the next 40 years, Mr. Hay oversaw the growth and management of the bank, including construction of a new building which sat on the corner of C and South Front Streets from 1909 until 1970.
Through good fortune and the hard work of its employees, the community bank thrived. Abundant coal, oil and gas deposits, coupled with plentiful grazing land, carried both the town and RSNB Bank through world wars and the Great Depression. John W. Hay, Sr. had a great love for the surrounding country and the workers in this area who made their living from the production of its resources.
In 1947, John W. Hay, Jr. assumed leadership of the bank when his father retired. In his new capacity, John, Jr. continued his father's practice of financing efforts to develop resources in the area. As the railroad converted from steam to diesel engines in the early 1950s, the town found itself on the down side of a boom-and-bust cycle. At this time, Mountain Fuel Supply discovered a large deposit of sodium carbonate (trona) while drilling for gas on a tract of land leased by John, Jr. The hole was dry but the trona represented enormous potential. Through many phone calls and meetings, John, with others, found a company interested in developing the mineral resource. Once again, area miners of many different nationalities went back to wor
We have 2 locations! Main Office: (Left Photo) 200 2nd St Rock Springs, WY 82901 (307) 362-8801 West Branch: (Right Photo) 1987 Dewar Dr Rock Springs, WY 82902 (307) 362-0105