#cap1 #cap2 #cap3 #cap4 #cap5

 Downtown Rock Springs 

  

 Broadway Theater 

 Downtown Rock Springs 

 Red Canyon Overlook 

 Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area. 

 Sweetwater County Fair 

 "Wyoming's Big Show" 

 Fly Fishing 

 On The Green River 

Western Wyoming Community College

  • Educational Services
2500 College Drive E-421
Rock Springs, WY 82901
382-1600
307-382-1605 (fax)

About Us

Western Wyoming Community College, the fifth of seven community colleges in Wyoming, was established in the Fall of 1959. Through the efforts of a citizens, committee, a campaign was begun, an read more
  • About

    Western Wyoming Community College, the fifth of seven community colleges in Wyoming, was established in the Fall of 1959. Through the efforts of a citizens, committee, a campaign was begun, an election was held, and the College and the original district were created.

    In September, 1959, forty students enrolled for college credit courses with five full time faculty teaching during the evening. The first classes were held in the Rock Springs High School building.

    In 1960-61, the College moved to Reliance, five miles from Rock Springs, to occupy the former Reliance High School and daytime classes began. In September, 1964, the original district was expanded to include all communities within Sweetwater County, a new Board of Trustees was elected, and the official name of the College became Western Wyoming Community College.

    Consistent growth of the College led to the inauguration of a $1,822,000 building program on October 4, 1966. On November 11, 1967, ground-breaking ceremonies marked the beginning of construction on a new campus, and completion in June, 1969. Growth continued. In March, 1973, voters approved a $1,780,000 bond issue to provide additional instructional facilities. The new vocational-technical education building was ready for occupancy in Fall, 1974, and the college center building was completed. In 1976, three residence halls were constructed to provide on-campus housing, made possible by a loan from the State Farm Loan Board. The College was granted accreditation by the North Central Association in April, 1976.

    Again, in 1981, the citizens of Sweetwater.

  • Media

    Loading...